<< Search Results
Bookmark and Share

 

Core Record

Title Healing Hands
Collection Public Monuments and Sculpture Association
Sculptor Pountney, Albert
Date Design 1954
Description Fixed high on the curving wall of the Dept. of Genito-Urinary Medicine, to the left of the entrance to the GU Medicine clinic, on the right side of Infirmary Close, approaching the infirmary. The relief comprises 9 blocks of Portland stone and represents a recumbent woman in hooded full-length gown, lying across the palms of a colossal pair of cupped hands.
Id Number Current Accession LE124TCBM
Id Number Current Repository EM95
Inscription - on stone plaque fixed to wall below relief:
THIS STONE WAS LAID BY / J. REGINALD CORAH ESQ., M.B.E. /
PRESIDENT OF THE LEICESTER / AND COUNTY CONVALESCENT /
HOMES SOCIETY. 10TH. APRIL 1954
Location Leicester, Leicestershire
Measurements Dimensions Relief(h. 245 cm; w. 185 cm; d. 35 cm (est.)), plaque(h. 75.5 cm; w. 146 cm; d. 5 cm)
Material Portland stone, Portland stone
Rights Owner Public Monuments and Sculpture Association
Source EM
Work Type Sculpture
 

 

 

about        contact        terms of use        image credits        © 2018